Thursday, June 03, 2010

Hit and Run

Hey guys,


..aaaaaaaand its over. 
Resorts World Sentosa was treated to a slice of the Arteen Furteens on the 29th of may.
Here's what i remember.
Three things.

The Pain:

I had never done choreography ever in my life. Sure i dance, and heck i love to, but not choreography. This was a painful journey. Quite literally, i busted my left knee a week before our big performance. Meniscus and ASL. Quite a bitch that pain was. What was more painful was the time management. After a 10 hour work day, it was hard for me to psych myself up for rehearsals. However all of this paid off in the end. I remember dreading rehearsals but now i somehow miss it. I liked that even though we suffered, we suffered together. Saras, included. I know it must have been a bitch to choreo something like this and in such short notice amidst the glitches and last minute changes. But we did it.


The Prayer:

It was 8.42. I'd checked my watch. We were all suited and Mic-ed up for our performance. This was 15 minutes before we went out to stand by backstage. The girls were helping each other with their Mic receivers and us guys were standing around wishing each other good luck. Then someone said "prayer! we need to pray!".I don't know who that was but what was weird was that all of us instinctivly formed a circle and held hands. Some even bowed down. Then yoga started. Something like " Oh Gods of Dance.. please let us not cock up on stage..give us courage and confidence.." and he went into the chorus of  "tonight's gonna be a good night..tonight's gonna be a good night!.. tonight's gonna be a good! good night!". Needless to say all of us joined in. We summed it up and did a solemn "amen" after that. This thing that touched me about this is that here we were, united as a family, praying to all the faiths yet none at the same time. It touched me. I was praying too, amidst the nervous group prayer, that no matter what we said or did, that God would look over this little family of friends and also, for the AFT that made us all join in prayer.  

The Performance:

Nervous. I'm quite shameless on stage. Always felt at home. But that was drama or debate. Not dance. I was a nervous wreck. They say time slows down when you're nervous. Bullshit. I nearly died of hypertension! The performance itself is a little bit of a blur to me. I know i screwed up a little here and there. Whatever it may be am awfully proud of myself as well as my AFT. We did well that night. A night that we will come to remember fondly for many, many years to come. We got the opportunity to chill at the Hard Rock Hotel too. Amazing that place!

All in all the Rainbow Tie Mafia hit Sentosa and we hit hard!
Damn proud of you guys.

Love you AFT