Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I just realized.. .

Hey guys,

I was wrong.


It wasn't the army
Or puberty..
or family.

I wasn't my friends..
or my childhood.

It wasn't the broken bones.
busted knees.
deep scars...
swollen ankles..
or childhood asthma..

Its not the pain i've been through..
or the heartbreaks i've lived.
The betrayals and the drama.

Its not the skills i've learnt...
or the wisdom that i've gained.
Its not the people around me..
Its not the people who had left me..

Its not being broke or being rich.
Its not drinking or getting drunk.

Its not the fights i've gotten into..
or the ones i've backed away from..

Its not my dad.
Its not my mom.

Its not the way i speak..
or the way i've lived my life..


I have absolutely fallen in love with a person.
Its taken me 2 decades, much pain and even more bliss to realize this.

That its love.. .

The love that i have and the love that i give.

Its love thats made me a man..