Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Falling back



Again I find myself down this haggard dusty road.
Strewn with the memories of what once was.
I see her smiling through broken moments in time 
like a million glass tiles forming a mosaic of our misgivings.
Smiling she taunts me
Lies to me
smiles at me
A misty grey swirling around me wiping the color from my eyes.
Walk a mile in my shoes, my friend and you will learn to love the way I do.



The candle still flickers in my mind
Cider and wine sparkling in the faint glow
the hardest part to understand was the ever present familiarity of loneliness
she was so near yet in all matters so very, very far
Needless to say the tears ran down my cheeks
glistening trails of sorrow as they fell upon the satin
velvet red satin
The color of my heart
bled through your desires and pinched through your thoughts
velvet red satin
The color of my heart



The road leads on
never a turn
never a stop
The color returns now
Slowly
Her image dances in my eye
taunting
titillating
Repression, i feel in the dream for a better future
built on the vestiges of yesterday's sweetest memories
and the bitter, bitter taste of a love lost.





and i miss her.