Monday, March 07, 2011

The Last Lap

Exhausted.
We are exhausted.
Cast and Crew of Peter Pan Revamped! is exhausted.


This would probably sum it all up.


After a marathon of work and rehearsals this weekend, we are reduced to heaps.
However, regardless of which, the fire burn bright in us. On Saturday, we did a full run, songs and choreography and all.. the result?


Peter Pan Revamped is READY TO SET THE STAGE ON   F I R E!!!!


Bravo.
Bravo, my beloved cast.


Everyone of you, every single, loud, restless, freaking one of you made me swell up (beyond the usual) with pride. I felt like I was holding a tidal wave back this past year and that now, I can finally release it. Acting, choreography, timing, songs, fights and emotions. BRAVO.



Not forgetting my crew. 
My Sets and Props guys who have religiously given life to my visions.
My Music Director who pulled awesome notes and beats out of NOTHING.
My Costumes Mistress and her team for adding color and life to my characters.
My Dance Director and his dancers for the magic they bring with their movements.
Yoga and his minions for the graphic design and publicity.
Ghau Kaka for technical direction and his camera.


Most Importantly my two Secret Weapons..

Gold Leader: Saras, who's settling, my sets, Technics, ticketing and everything else
Green Leader: Serena, who's settling my music, costumes, dance and everything else..


Notice I say everything else because they literally DO EVERYTHING. 
I would be a lost soul without my two BEST FRIENDS. (There i said it.)


Guys, all of you, cast and crew alike.. 
This is OUR production.


Thank you for taking ownership.


Its been a long ride.
We're all exhausted. We're all tired.
Some of us have lost time, energy, money.
We've all made so many countless sacrifices.


Some of us have lost some loved ones...


My dear Kanages and Melissa, 
It has been such a hard year for the both of you.
Your loss is incomparable but I hope AFT and I have been in any way a support for you.
Our journey does not, and will not end after Peter Pan.


No
.
We'll be here for you no matter what, and Peter Pan Revamped is going to be in dedication to the ones we love, regardless of whether they are with us or not. 
This much I promise you. ..


One more week guys, 
One last week and we're done.
We need to stay strong for one another.
Take care of each other.


I love all of you very, very, very much.
I'm very honored to have been your Director.
There has never been a dull moment and I'm pretty sure there will be chaos this week.




















and I simply can't wait.