Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pride and Glory

Hey guys,

I have officially slipped into what you call ORD mood.
The state of mind that every Full-Time National Serviceman enters whenhe sees the end point of his 2 year tour of duty. I have at some level hit a limit in me that instigates the civilian in me to very violently murder the soldier in me.


I'm done.

With another 3 months or so maybe my "I'm Done." is a little premature... but hey! thats ORD mood for you.

The lovely state of fuck-care that every soldier experiences.



You.. know..

I'm gonna miss that God-forsaken camp. More so the people in it. Its endearing you know, National Service. Nothing else on earth can you hate with a stronger vengeance yet feel a hollow feeling when you know you might never come back once you leave.

Something about working hard. Suffering in sweat and mud with your men around you makes you develop a sense of pride. Something that every NSf can bring home with him after 2 years.

Sure i drive around in tanks. Sure more than half of my life revolves around maintenance and servicing. Sure. But I'm damn good at what i do..and I'm damn proud of what i do.. and when i leave I'm gonna leave with the knowledge that i did what i had to do to the fullest of my potential..ultimately that's what counts.

So,
CPL Vinnod, to whom, this entry is targeted at... be proud of what you do. If the Gahmen can entrust a multi-million dollar tank in your hands then it kinda means that whatever you're doing.. you're doing well. When i leave you'll get the opportunity to take over whatever our team has built.. that's the blood, sweat and tears of an entire section of hardworking men.

You should be looking forward to that because in time its the only thing thats gonna keep you going.

Maint. Spec
3SG Padmaanaathan Kalai Maran