Monday, December 15, 2008

Milestones

Hey guys,

These days have been pretty weird.
I just hit my one-year-soldier status last saturday. Its the half way mark in my life as a soldier. YES, that IS a good thing.

I mean the past year has been demanding and exhausting. Nobody likes that, regardless of how much NS means to me, i still hate its guts. So yeah.. .

But i have to admit though, the year went by freakin fast. Maybe more so for me then most of you guys out there. I can VIVIDLY remember waking up at 0545hrs on the 13th of December 2007 thinking " Oh fuck."

I remember tekong, i remember Ladang Drive, i remember Eagle coy and the Eagle Warriors, i remember field camp, my rifle Sheila and her but number and serial code, i remember cleaning my rifle in the middle of the freakin jungle, i remember sleeping in a hole in the ground, i remember digging that fuckin hole, then going over to mia's site to help him with his. I remember the blood during training, the sweat during PT and the tears when we finished our 24 klik route march. I remember my passing out parade and how proud i was. I remember that dad was prouder, I remember posting to Armor, i remember seeing a moving tank fot the first time, i remember being in a moving tank for the first time. I remember falling in love with those big monsters. I remember everything.

Thats why its so weird that the year went by so fast.
So yeah.. .

All in all. One down, one more to go.


The Arteens Furteens had a camp last weekend. A bonding + Crash course rehersals session that lasted from friday through to saturday. It was suppose to be a chalet, but Saras decided to be creative.. so yeah.

(lets not go there)

I had another anniversary to mark on Sunday the 14th. I had planned something nice and warm for her but it turned out to be pretty quiet. Thats ok i guess. I got to see her and spend some time with her. I guess thats worth the while. Obviously i wasn't planning for what's happening now, but that don't mean.. .

I'd do anything to go back a month.


But hey,
Its christmas.
I've never been sad on christmas day.
So yeah. Let it snow!