Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Redwoods family Tree

Hey guys,

2 words.




PAY. DAY

Which means for the next 2 weeks or so I'll only be moderately broke.
Nice.

So yeah, yet another bitch of a week ended.
Yesterday was the worst.
Had to Co-Ordinate a brigade-wide Deepavali Function.
...

Yeah you should ask

" why do you ALWAYS get such with shit like this Naathan? why?"

..and I'd say, because I'm a freaking IDIOT that talks a lot but also partly because I'm a huge-ass target board for stuff-to-be-done. Seriously, here i was eating breakfast all alone, you know for the peace and quiet, when i hear

"NAAATHAN, i need you to be the fatigue and AV IC for Deepavali on Friday".. .

The person who arrowed me was Master Ambi. She's the best really, but you cannot say "NO" to her and... and live. Dead. Serious.

So yeah, Deepavali was fun. God proved his presence by throwing all possible fuck-ups my way. Yeah that was fun. All that aside the beer and Company was fun though. Work was a bitch till 9pm. Thats when everyone left save the Indian people and a few of our close Chinese guys. Everybody was laughing and calling each other names and there was a free flow of Booze and LOTS of leftovers. It was, at the risk of sounding cheesy, like what Master Ambi said. It was like family.


For the first time since i came into the brigade, I feel at home.
Even my CSM was in a jovial mood. That old man has never said anything to me that didn't involve " your father's army ah?" before yesterday.

So yeah.


Hard work and booze.

Came home, rang up Herbie for a bit, then fell unconscious.
I just checked my phone, apparently Saras called at 00.40 last night.
..
.